Something to celebrate!
The United Nations
Arms Trade gun control Treaty failed to get ratified!
The treaty was supposed to be ratified last Friday, July 27, 2012.
But James S. Robbins reports forThe Washington Times that talks over the UN Arms Trade Treaty fell apart, effectively killing the agreement.
A pro-treaty legal blog reports that the process seemed to be moving to completion when the United States requested an extension to the time allotted to negotiate the agreement. This opened the door to other countries to begin registering more complex objections, and it soon became clear that reaching agreement within the allowed time frame would be impossible.
The proposed treaty had raised considerable domestic opposition from gun rights advocates in the United States.
Now the treaty has died before it had a chance to become a threat. We dodged the bullet (sorry for the pun!) for now, but the UN still…
View original post 44 more words
“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.”
“It is impossible to introduce into society a greater change and a greater evil than this: the conversion of the law into an instrument of plunder.”
My predictions for 2012 going into 2013 and beyond.
1. President Obama will be re-elected. As much as it pains me to type this, it will happen.
2. Going into 2013, we will see a lot of our freedoms infringed upon. I know this is a broad prediction, but it will happen because it’s already happening.
3. The economy will continue to get worse. We will see a lot of inflation and unemployment or, stagflation.
4. Increase in food prices.
5. Increase in gas prices.
6. Medical care will be rationed due to ObamaCare, which will result in an increase in the average number of deaths from preventable and treatable diseases/illnesses. (2014 and beyond)
7. Tensions will rise in the Middle East and Israel will get attacked by Iran or Syria or both.
Want to add to the list? Add your predictions in the comments.
“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”